[cifs-protocol] 119030519730578 server response for oversized alternate data streams

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Tue Mar 5 21:48:38 UTC 2019

Hello Edgar,

On 2019-03-05 at 20:24 +0000 Edgar Olougouna sent off:
> Can you please share some network captures (e.g. .cap traces ) of your test cases?
> I will investigate this and follow-up.

thanks for your answer, attached there are 2 captures of a current Windows 10
client (explorer.exe) copying a file test.txt with a ~400kb ADS "mystream" in it
onto a 2012R2 server.

refs-sniff-packet-487.pcap.gz:
In this capture the share is a ReFS (128k sized ADS supported) volume, see packet 487 ff.

vfat-sniff-packet-147.pcap.gz:
In this capture the share is a vfat volume with no ADS support, see packet 147 ff.

There are also the screenshots of the dialogues the Windows 10 client shows
when the ADS writes fails for both cases.

Thank you!
Björn
phone: 0551-370000-0, mail: kontakt at sernet.de
Gesch.F.: Dr. Johannes Loxen & Reinhild Jung
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://www.sernet.de

Samba eXPerience 2019, Hotel Freizeit In
sponsored by Google, Microsoft & Red Hat
June, 4th - 6th 2019, http://sambaXP.org