[cifs-protocol] [REG:118100419158690] sharing network traces and password hashes

Edgar Olougouna edgaro at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 4 19:44:59 UTC 2018

Bonjour Aurélien,
What transport protocols are you focusing on?
Is it only TCP, NBT, or it could be something else?
The first thing I'm doing is to understand what protocol encapsulation is involved in your scenario.
To take an example of another family, for instance we have RDP over TLS over TCP or DTLS over UDP. And RDP uses CredSSP and there may be channel token binding. So it's not always a straightforward answer depending on the layers.

Regards,
Edgar