[cifs-protocol] samr_ChangePasswordUser3 / SamrUnicodeChangePasswordUser3 not documented

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Feb 16 18:38:48 UTC 2018

SamrUnicodeChangePasswordUser3 (presumably) is the extension of
SamrUnicodeChangePasswordUser2 documented here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc245708.aspx

Is operates the same but returns a password change failure reason.

However in MS-SAMR it is listed as:

 Opnum63NotUsedOnWire Reserved for local use. Opnum: 63

I noticed this because I'm writing a document covering Samba's design
and use of crypto and will mark MS-SAMR a reference.

For the curious the work in progress for this page is here:

https://gitlab.com/catalyst-samba/samba-docs/wikis/cryptography/bespoke
-cryptosystems/SAMR
the main document is here:

https://gitlab.com/catalyst-samba/samba-docs/wikis/home

Finally, is there any 'overview of all crypto use in AD' document I'm
unaware of?