[cifs-protocol] How to invalidate the client side DFS referral cache on target change.

Hemanth Thummala hemanth.thummala at nutanix.com
Thu Jul 14 03:40:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to change the target for share referral. This works fine for new client connections. But existing windows client  connections are not getting redirected to the new target  till the expiry of current referral cache. Behavior is unchanged even after forcing(by returning PATH NOT COVERED on old target)  the client to request for referrals.

Would like to know if  there a way to invalidate the current DFS cache.

Thanks,
Hemanth.