[cifs-protocol] [REG:115052112759051] Samba 4.1 classic (nt4-like) support as a DC to Windows 10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 21 14:16:49 MDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-21 at 19:07 +0000, Edgar Olougouna wrote:
> Andrew et al,
> What is the exact scenario you'd like us to investigate? It seems there is one or two words missing in your initial verbatim.
> I gather that the client is Windows 10. Can you elaborate on whether it's a domain join and or logon scenario and what the domain functional level?
>
> RE: "request an initial investigation at Microsoft to understand if <<this>> has been intentionally/unintentionally removed, and if it can be restored. "

The ability of a Windows 10 client can join a 'Samba 3 / classic /
NT4-DC' domain implemented by Samba 4.1 as a domain member, and then log
on to the domain.  Vincent and Denis can provide more detail on the
tests their staff did while we have been on the road.

That is to be clear, NOT active directory.