[cifs-protocol] [REG:115022012423941] [REG: 115022012423941] connecting MS-DRSR 4.1.23.2 IDL_DRSReplicaSync and ReplicateNCRequestMsg

Obaid Farooqi obaidf at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 25 18:36:57 MDT 2015

Hi Andrew:
The flag SPECIAL_SECRET_PROCESSING is set in ulReplicaFlags in attribute REPS_FROM (MS-DRSR 5.167). This is mentioned in section 5.167 as follows:

"ulReplicaFlags (4 bytes):  A ULONG. This field contains a set of DRS_OPTIONS that are applicable when replicating from the source DC"

The client sets it explicitly from the above attribute.
On my RODC, the value of ulReplicaFlags is 00402060.

Please let me know it does not answer your question.

Regards,
Obaid Farooqi
Escalation Engineer | Microsoft

Exceeding your expectations is my highest priority.  If you would like to provide feedback on your case you may contact my manager at nkang at Microsoft dot com