[cifs-protocol] [REG:115030312463847] [MS-KILE] "View effective Access - Parameter is incorrect" -- Issue re TGS-REQ (S4U2Self)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 3 14:59:25 MST 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-03 at 21:44 +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Andrew:
> I'll help you with this issue and will be in touch as soon as I have an answer.
> From your question, it appears that you were asked to perform this test and are really not blocked by this. Does this mean it is a low priority issue for you?
> I am asking so that I prioritize my work on it.

It can be bundled up with the overall work describing what principals
are valid in what circumstances.  Partial answers here are not nearly as
helpful as the full pattern, so I would prefer to wait for that.

I do have some patches that, now I was made aware of the issue, that I'm
not pushing to 4.2 because I want to sort this out once and for all.  In
the meantime I'll be implementing the 'obvious' answer that you can
always do S4U2Self to yourself, even if you are not otherwise a service.

In short, while this started because of an outside suggestion, it showed
up issues in other work I had previously considered finished, so it is
'live' in that sense.