[cifs-protocol] Protocol changes in KB2992611 [115012312316449]

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jan 26 19:55:15 MST 2015

I've got into our server with the (presumably) failing packet.  The
client appears to have started requiring that BACKUPKEY_BACKUP_GUID, ie
the ServerWrap protocol 7f752b10-178e-11d1-ab8f-00805f14db40 actually
work (we do not implement it yet).

Before this update, the client is happy for this to fail, now it
persists with continuing to contact the server, and having this
operation fail.  This repeats and repeats.

I'm also quite curious as to why an update in 2014 is moving clients to
require use of the RC4 based protocol, given all the bad press that
cyrpto had got.  This failure is just after a successful call to the
ClientWrap protocol, which should be much better.

I await your thoughts,