[cifs-protocol] 114121712176508 MS-KILE Behaviour for client principal name in service tickets

Sreekanth Nadendla srenaden at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 17 21:19:12 MST 2015

Andrew,  when you execute kinit user at SHORTDOMAIN, the outgoing AS request uses string user at SHORTDOMAIN as Cname but still would be sent with proper realm name i.e. Crealm is still WIN2012R2.ABARTLET.WGTN.CAT-IT.CO.NZ. Perhaps this is making you think that the Windows AD switched realm part from SHORTDOAMIN to  REALM.COM. Also note that the AS response would also have the same Crealm and not SHORTDOMAIN.

If you think I am missing something here can you point me to the fields in the network trace or any other supporting data ?

Regards,
Sreekanth Nadendla
Microsoft Windows Open Specifications