[cifs-protocol] Protocol changes in KB2992611 [115012312316449]

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 12 22:15:50 MST 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-06 at 23:23 +1300, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 16:08 +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> > Hi Andrew:
> > I have a fully patched system, Windows 8.1 enterprise. I verified that
> > the updates include kb2992611. I joined the machine to Samba domain
> > before patching though.
>
> Please do it the other way around.  That would match our steps.  It
> certainly appears to be an issue in new profiles, after the patches.
>
> It may be enough to create a new user after patching, but you suggest
> below that this doesn't help.

Have you had any luck doing this where you join the newly built,
patched, machine to Samba, where it has never seen the same domain
before, after doing the patches?

>From our side, we have just finished writing the ServerWrap server-side,
and this 'fixes' this issue, but I strong suspect it just works around
it - that the client prefers to do CleintWrap, and this is a fallback.

As such, I still need to know what changed, and what we are doing wrong
in our ClientWrap server, both in master and after the patch in bug
11097 is applied.