[cifs-protocol] Protocol changes in KB2992611 [115012312316449]

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 3 10:43:27 MST 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 15:37 +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Andrew:
> I am trying to reproduce the issue. So far I am unsuccessful.

That is very odd.

> From the posts you mentioned, the credentials manager does not open if
> a windows 8.1 machine is joined to Samba domain and kb2992611 is
> applied? Just want to confirm I got this right.

Strictly, what we tested was all updates or Dec 2014 Update DVD vs no
updates.  The users narrowed it down to this KB however.  This is Samba
as an AD DC.

> I am using Samba 4.1.6 that Ubuntu installs.

We reproduced with git master, but the customer and users reporting are
running sernet-samba-4.1.11-9.el6.x86_64 on CentOS 6.5 and 4.2rc3
respectively.