[cifs-protocol] Regarding parsing of cifs header

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun May 25 11:33:44 MDT 2014

So...

Richard's right... you probably want the samba-technical list or, even
better:  http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-cifs

If you are interested in the structure of the SMB header, then Wireshark,
http://ubiqx.org/cifs/ , and the Microsoft documentation set are your best
friends.

If you want to know how to tap into the kernel file system and extract
additional information, then you'll want the kernel mailing list and a solid
background in kernel coding.

Chris -)-----