[cifs-protocol] 113102410891258 explanation on note MS-NRPC.pdf

Sreekanth Nadendla srenaden at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 31 09:53:52 MDT 2013

Hello Matthieu,

Since not every combination of LogonLevel and ValidationLevel are valid, for certain values of LogonLevel, the possible ValidationLevel values are restricted.  The code needs to check if the ValidationLevel matches correctly as specified in the document. Purpose of Windows behavior note <273> is to specify which versions of Windows implementations perform such verification.

We will simplify the wording to convey this meaning.

"<273> Section 3.5.4.5.1: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 support verifying whether correct combination of LogonLevel and ValidationLevel are supplied."

Note: Similar to WBN 273 as you've pointed out, WBN <274> will also need same clarification.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,
Sreekanth Nadendla
Microsoft Windows Open Specifications