[cifs-protocol] Where is account lockout and password expiry described in the docs?

Sebastian Canevari Sebastian.Canevari at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 18 12:54:45 MDT 2013

Hi Andrew,

I've been looking into this and discussing with my colleagues.

I'd like to provide you with some pointers.

Outside of the protocols documents you can find these details (pay particular attention to the diagram):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780271%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

But also, within the docs, you should take a look at:

MS-GPSB 2.2.1.2 Account Lockout Policies

AND to MS-APDS

Different things happen depending on what policies are in effect so that should probably be your first stop.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian Canevari | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS Developer Support Core (DSC) Protocol Team
P +1 469 775 7849
One Microsoft Way, 98052, Redmond, WA, USA http://support.microsoft.com