[cifs-protocol] Fwd: Missing fsctl control code

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Wed May 22 22:37:52 MDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Subject: Missing fsctl control code
To: Interoperability Documentation Help <dochelp at winse.microsoft.com>

In tracing a file copy from Windows 8 client (source and target on a share
exported by a Windows 7 server), I see the Windows client requesting an
SMB2.1 fsctl with an unknown control code 0x90284 (the new beta Microsoft
Message Analyzer does not recognize it either) and I couldn't find it in
MS-SMB2 or the list of fsctl control codes in MS-FSCC.

What is the format of that fsctl request and what is it for?

Steve

Steve