[cifs-protocol] LZ77 + DIRECT2 compression MS-OXCRPC

Vinbot vince.hurrell at exinda.com
Wed Mar 6 14:27:16 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm hoping to resurrect this thread to see if anyone has an answer/solution
as to why the Microsoft implementation finds a sub-optimal match within the
match window.

I'm seeing the exact same issue in my implementation and I need the created
output for my algorithm to exactly match Microsoft's output.

For reference, here is the description of the algorithm on the open
specifications MSDN portal:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh554053.aspx

Thanks,

Vince