[cifs-protocol] SMB2 Session/Signing Key with NTLMv2 + SPNEGO

Brad Fewster brad.fewster725 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:20:56 MST 2013

To update:

I was able to finally track the code down for session key generation
to auth/ntlmssp/ntlmssp_client.c - cli_credentials_get_ntlm_response
function and realized that the signing key was in fact the random session
key I was generating as part of NTLMv2 with key exchange.

Given that I am able to sign messages now, it also appears the the key in
fact does change between SMB2 sessions wheras SMB1 does not.

I guess that I've answered my own questions.  So unless something I've said
is incorrect, thanks everyone for your time!