[cifs-protocol] double send of command joined from a upstream windows Server

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Sep 27 21:44:32 MDT 2011

Hello hongwei,

Following our talk concerning the double send of "command_joined"
packets from a W2K3R2 server when talking to a samba server.

Here is the wireshark capture and the keytab to decrypt it.

By getting a recent version of wireshark is needed. You can get nightly
build at http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win32/ newer than
the revision 38976 (which is ~ 2 weeks old).

The way to use it is:
wireshark -K w2k_2.keytab frs_big_file_samba.pcap.

I attached the screenshot of this packets it's packets 319 and 321.

Thanks for explaining what's going on, and maybe update the doc.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team