[cifs-protocol] [REG:111080976529107] RE: Behavior explanation on subtree delete control behavior with iscriticalsystemobject

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 15 12:17:27 MST 2011

Matthieu,

  The following change has been made to the section 3.1.5.5.7.2 of MS-ADTS.  It  will appear in the next public release of MS-ADTS on MSDN.

Section 3.1.1.5.5.7.2 (Tree-delete Constraints)
-- The second bullet, which has been changed as follows:
Before:
Objects with isCriticalSystemObject attribute equal to true may not be deleted by the tree-delete operation (this also applies to objects in the subtree being deleted). This constraint is checked object-by-object, and deletion stops if some deletion would violate this constraint. Because, as explained in the next section, deleted objects never have children, the result after deletion stops due to this constraint is a tree. The resultant tree may not be the same as the original tree because some objects may have been deleted prior to the failure.
After:
Objects with the isCriticalSystemObject attribute equal to true and which are not SAM-specific objects (as defined by section 3.1.1.5.2.3) cannot be deleted by the tree-delete operation. This constraint is checked object-by-object, and deletion stops at the first deletion attempt that violates the constraint. If deletion stops, the resultant tree might not be the same as the original tree because some objects might have been deleted prior to the failure.

Thanks!

Hongwei