[cifs-protocol] [REG:111051760827237] SMB_COM_NT_TRANSACT response with SetupCount != 0

Obaid Farooqi obaidf at microsoft.com
Tue May 17 18:23:33 MDT 2011

Hi Volker:
We are aware of the issue of data in Setup[SetupCount]. The issue will be resolved in an upcoming release of the document MS-CIFS. The change will be along the lines that the client MUST ignore the data returned in Setup[SetupCount].

Please let me know if the above info answers your question. If it does, I'll consider this issue resolved.

If it does not answer your question, please provide more details as follows:

1. Does the jpg you attached to the request (snapproblem.jpg) show the snap shots when Samba is used as a server? If yes, what is broken in the picture?
2. If the jpg is for the case when Windows 2008 client queried Windows 2008 server, can you please send the jpeg that shows what is broken when Samba is used as server?

Regards,
Obaid Farooqi
Escalation Engineer | Microsoft

Exceeding your expectations is my highest priority.  If you would like to provide feedback on your case you may contact my manager at allisong at microsoft.com