[cifs-protocol] [REG:111061070310825] RE: [MS-PCCRC]: Handling of multi-range Range: headers is undefined.

Obaid Farooqi obaidf at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 21 17:42:51 MDT 2011

Hi Chris:
We have finished our investigation on your question regarding the response to a multi-range request.

I discussed the issue with product group and here is what they think is the proper answer.

"The BranchCache content information format does not support multi-range requests therefore PeerDist 1.0 capable servers cannot send PeerDist Content Information in response to a request for multiple ranges."

MS-PCCRTP will be modified along the lines of the above statement and I'll let you know when the exact verbiage is available.

Please let me know if it answers your question. If it does, I'll consider this issue resolved.

Regards,
Obaid Farooqi
Escalation Engineer | Microsoft

Exceeding your expectations is my highest priority.  If you would like to provide feedback on your case you may contact my manager at allisong at microsoft.com