[cifs-protocol] [REG:111052652308584] [ttalpey at microsoft.com: Reminder -- share secdesc and smb2 echo?]

Tue Jun 14 07:33:31 MDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 03:42:05PM +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Volker:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I'll look into the questions raised by you and will be in
> touch as soon as I have an answer.
> I did not find a trace attached to this email. Please send
> me the trace you mentioned.

Hmmm. I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the behaviour
anymore at this moment. Can you find out how I can trigger
Windows XP to use the NT_TRANSACT_CREATE call according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441567%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

including a security descriptor instead of a normal
SMB_COM_NT_CREATE_ANDX call according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee442082%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

? I have seen that where the reply to NT_TRANSACT_CREATE
said it has successfully created the file, probably
including setting the security descriptor.

If you really need the trace to work on these questions, I
could write a special test program and create it.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9