[cifs-protocol] [REG:111052652308584] [ttalpey at microsoft.com: Reminder -- share secdesc and smb2 echo?]

Mon Jun 13 09:58:07 MDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 03:42:05PM +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Volker:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I'll look into the questions raised by you and will be in
> touch as soon as I have an answer.
> I did not find a trace attached to this email. Please send
> me the trace you mentioned.

Ups, sorry. I'll recreate the trace tomorrow. But the
question is relatively clear: Does the share mode secdesc
not giving WRITE_DAC also restrict the nttrans create call
including a secdesc for a new file? And, are there other
exceptions that we need to take care of? I'd like to see an
overview document/section of how the share secdesc affects
the SMB server. That seems to be not entirely obvious.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9