[cifs-protocol] [REG: 111060784988397] RE: joining domain with IPv6 client

Edgar Olougouna edgaro at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 10 00:25:59 MDT 2011

Tridge,

I am happy to look at this for you. I am still debugging the error WSANO_DATA when the client queries AAA record type. From the current analysis it looks as if the error is a default case mapping resulting from either:
- DNS_INFO_NO_RECORDS,
- WSANO_DATA,
- DNS_ERROR_UNSECURE_PACKET when query secure DNS is not required.
- or defaulted WSANO_DATA due to other errors.

Can you capture ETW for DNS so I can confirm the call flow and error, whether it is resulting from a cache query of server query?

Please use the attached batch dns.bat script to capture the ETW along with all traces (TTT, NetSetup, Netmon capture) you were capturing.
Save the .bat file on your repro system. Run the .bat file as an Administrator.
The output ETL file is c:\minio_dns.etl.

Thanks,
Edgar