[cifs-protocol] [REG: 111060784988397] RE: joining domain with IPv6 client

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Jun 8 21:16:31 MDT 2011

Hi Hongwei/Edgar,

 >   Is there a problem with the IPv6 record in DNS ?

I've fixed the problem with returning 127.0.0.1 for IPv4. It was a bug
where if we had no IPv4 addresses we defaulted to adding 127.0.0.1 in
the provision code. I've now fixed that logic so we only return IPv6
addresses, but it hasn't fixed the join problem.

I've taken a new trace, and put it here:

  http://www.samba.org/tridge/ttt/ipv6-3.zip

The DNS replies in the network capture all look OK to me. We don't run
a LLMNR server on Samba, so we don't reply to the LLMNR queries
starting at frame 422, but all the normal port 53 DNS replies look OK
to me.

Can you look at this new trace and see if you can spot what DNS packet
Windows doesn't like?

Cheers, Tridge