[cifs-protocol] [REG: 111060784988397] RE: joining domain with IPv6 client

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Wed Jun 8 20:05:30 MDT 2011

Hi Hongwei,

 > " WSANO_DATA
 > Valid name, no data record of requested type.
 > The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for. The usual example for this is a host name-to-address translation attempt (using gethostbyname or WSAAsyncGetHostByName) which uses the DNS (Domain Name Server). An MX record is returned but no A record-indicating the host itself exists, but is not directly reachable."
 >
 >   Is there a problem with the IPv6 record in DNS ?

It's fine according to my testing using DNS tools. Can you narrow it
down to a packet in the network trace?

I only see one DNS request for blu.bludom.tridgell.net in the network
trace (framls 17). The answer in frame 18 looks fine.

hmm, frame 509 looks suspicious. The additional records returned from
a SRV lookup of
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.bludom.tridgell.net
include a A record of 127.0.0.1, which shouldn't be there, as well as
the correct IPv6 address. I'll see if I can fix that and retry.

Would that match the error you are seeing?

Cheers, Tridge