[cifs-protocol] access denied in NetrLogonSamLogonEx

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Jul 11 11:39:14 MDT 2011

Dear doc help,

I'm receving a STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED when using ntlm_auth against a
Windows 2003 DC.

According to the NRPC.pdf paragraph 3.5.4.4.1, the server is supposed to
return ACCESS_DENIED if the client is not using a secure RPC (schannel).

In this particular case it's not the case as we can see that the
information are encapsulated in a schannel communication. What are the
other reasons for Windows to return this error ?

The same call on a Samba4 DC in the same domain is OK, I configured the
domain to not keep the lan manager password.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org