[cifs-protocol] [REG:111063044753520] Unable to dcpromo windows with a Samba4 DC

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 14:32:04 MDT 2011

Matthieu,

  Thanks for the confirmation!

Hongwei

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthieu Patou [mailto:mat at samba.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 3:22 PM
To: mat at samba.org
Cc: Hongwei Sun; pfif at tridgell.net; cifs-protocol at samba.org; tridge
Subject: Re: [cifs-protocol] [REG:111063044753520] Unable to dcpromo windows with a Samba4 DC

Hello Hongwei, Andrew

I confirm that you can close this case.

For the story we were missing this attributes:
  Attribute lockoutduration not present in replication metadata
  Attribute lockoutobservationwindow not present in replication metadata
  Attribute lockoutthreshold not present in replication metadata
  Attribute minpwdlength not present in replication metadata
  Attribute modifiedcountatlastprom not present in replication metadata
  Attribute pwdproperties not present in replication metadata
  Attribute pwdhistorylength not present in replication metadata
  Attribute objectsid not present in replication metadata
  Attribute uascompat not present in replication metadata
  Attribute iscriticalsystemobject not present in replication metadata
  Attribute maxpwdage not present in replication metadata

In the DC=domain, DC=tld object, so they weren't transfered to windows, we can quite easily understand why it had some problem to start.

Of course it would have been better if Windows server would have refused this object (maybe an idea of improvement for the upcoming Windows server ?).

Thanks for your support.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou