[cifs-protocol] [REG:111063044753520] Unable to dcpromo windows with a Samba4 DC

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Jul 6 10:30:39 MDT 2011

Hi Hongwei,

So we had a couple of issues that I'm sure had an impact:

* schemaguid on some attribute were duplicated
* ntmixed was not coherent among the different NC and not coherent with
the MsDS-Beahvior-version
* replicated metadata for the root NC was incomplete

All of this have its roots in using a quite old provision of Samba4.

The first 2 points were quite easy to identify (the first one resulted
as an error in the event log, the second one was spotted by an analysis
of differences in attributes). The third one has been more complicated
has I had to find which partition was causing the problem, and then
narrow the search.

I was suspecting a problem in the metadata but as most objects (all but
one ?) have a correct  metadata it took me tries to transplant objects
and metadata from the problematic partition to a known OK.

I have a couple of more tests to do but I'm now confident that this
issue could be closed soon.

Thanks.

Matthieu.

--