[cifs-protocol] FW: [REG:111061756137964] Encryption of the key for "netsh branchcache importkey and exportkey.

Edgar Olougouna edgaro at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 10:18:45 MDT 2011

Chris,
Thanks for sharing the good news! The fact that you got the decryption working with two different AES implementations (e.g. Mcrypt and OpenSSL) shows that we nailed down most important details required for successful non-Windows implementation. Hopefully, this has value for testing inter-operability of your BranchCache implementation.
I will pass your notes to the product team so it can considered when documenting the algorithm details.
As always, feel free to contact us, should you need further assistance on the open specifications.

Regards,
Edgar