[cifs-protocol] behavior of windows with/without the DS-Replication-Get-Changes-In-Filtered-Set right

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Jan 31 15:35:16 MST 2011

Dear doc team,

This page,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc223347%28v=prot.10%29.aspx, says:

"If the flag is not specified, the server MUST do the following:
If the server is running Windows Server® 2008 operating system or
Windows Server® 2008 R2 operating system and the client has requested
any attributes in the filtered attribute set, the server checks that the
client has the DS-Replication-Get-Changes-In-Filtered-Set control access
right (section 7.1.1.2.7.71
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc223657%28v=prot.10%29.aspx>)
or else returns the /insufficientAccessRights/ error to the client."

The flag that we are talking about is LDAP_SERVER_DIRSYNC_OID.
I either have some problems to understand the meaning of "requested any
attributes in the filtered attribute set" or I have problems requesting
them or something else as I'm unable to test this particular case.

In w2k8r2 I created a user and granted him DS-Replication-Get-Changes,
but not DS-Replication-Get-Changes-In-Filtered-Set so I'm expecting that
when I add the filter "(samaccountname=ad*)", in the ldap request, that
the system will reject my request but it's not so I'm wondering what is
exactly "the filtered attribute set" ? Can you clarify this point ?

Regards.

Matthieu Patou.

--
Matthieu Patou