[cifs-protocol] [REG:111121459051600] Puzzled: Heimdal upgrade breaks Win2k8 dcpromo

Bryan Burgin bburgin at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 14 14:51:20 MST 2011

[Dochelp to bcc]
[Adding case number to title & casemail]

Hi Andrew,

We made case 111121459051600 to track this issue.  I did a quick review of KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED (25).

I think the best way to dig into this issue is to capture a Time Travel Trace of the process LSASS on the Windows 2008 R2 machine while you are attempting this transaction.  The server-side code you are triggering is bound within LSASS.

I will send you the x64 tool to do this (a .msi), instructions and I'll also make you a file upload workspace to get the results in separate mail.

As you gather the Time Travel Trace, I'll review the materials you sent in more detail.

Bryan