[cifs-protocol] Errors when doing a DsAddEntry

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 31 15:54:39 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:22 +0000, Hongwei Sun wrote:
> Andrew,
>
>    Can you give the information about your configuration ?  Are you joining Samba DC to a Windows DC ?

We were attempting to create a subdomain using Samba4 as the new
domain.

> If so,  what is the version of Windows DC ?    Are you referring to  the section "4.1.1.3   Server Behavior of the IDL_DRSAddEntry Method" of MS-DRSR  for the "impossible" error case ?

The only occurrences of these error constants in the docs were for calls
other than AddEntry.

>    Is it possible for you to capture a TTT trace for Windows server when error is returned  so I can analyze the behavior ?  If so , I can create a FTP workspace for you to upload the trace captured ?

Tridge may be able to help with that (it was on his systems).  We are
also continuing to work on the issues, harmonising our behaviour with
the example Windows packet trace I took.