[cifs-protocol] [REG:111081664438980] RE: Level 257 FindFirst rejected by some Windows servers even though NTLM

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 30 14:04:34 MDT 2011

Steve,

  Any update ?

Thanks!

Hongwei

-----Original Message-----
From: Hongwei Sun
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:26 PM
To: 'Steve French'
Cc: Edgar Olougouna; pfif at tridgell.net; cifs-protocol at samba.org; MSSolve Case Email
Subject: RE: [REG:111081664438980] RE: [cifs-protocol] Level 257 FindFirst rejected by some Windows servers even though NTLM

Steve,

  What program or API are you using on Windows client to test FIND_FIRST2 command ?    Have you observed that the same Windows client sends the different information level while connecting to different server ?    The client (redirector) maps the application-provided [MS-FSCC] information levels to a SMB information Level.    SMB_FIND_FILE_BOTH_DIRECTORY_INFO is mapped to FileBothDirectoryInformation  passed from the application.   I just want to check to see how this is passed from the application.

Thanks!

Hongwei