[cifs-protocol] [REG:111082117135230] RE: Initial replication of sysvol through FRS

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 30 13:58:04 MDT 2011

Matthieu,

   As per 2.3.2.2 MS-FRS1,  A domain MUST have only one NTFRS replica set object of type SYSVOL.   The fRSReplicaSetType
attribute of a SYSVOL type object MUST be set to 2.   Based on this,   the FRS can go through all the NTFRS Replica Set Objects to find the correct replica set for SYSVOL.

  Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks!

Hongwei