[cifs-protocol] Need Native OS field information for mac OS 9

George K Colley gcolley at apple.com
Mon Aug 1 21:39:28 MDT 2011

On Aug 1, 2011, at 12:15 AM, kumar t wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I need to do some testing related to  MAC OS 9 client in my testing environment, To simulate that I need to know the “Native OS “  & “Native Lan Manager” field for MAC OS 9 in the session setup request. If any one  have some information related to that  please share it.
>  Appreciate much on your help.
Apple never shipped a SMB Client version for Mac OS 9. A company call Thursby did and another company that I can't remember the name. I believe the Native LAN Manger had the string "DAVE", with the version in it. I don't remember the Native OS but would guess Mac OS 9? If this is the product you are talking about their web site is http://www.thursby.com/

George