[cifs-protocol] [REG:110011477385004] RE: userParameters attribute

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Wed May 26 17:07:39 MDT 2010

Andrew,

   We have confirmed that currently "UserParameter" attribute is only used by the Terminal Service and there is no any other Microsoft product that also uses this attribute. The Terminal Service doesn't use the first 96 bytes of the "UserParameter" attribute.  In order to avoid any confusion, we will rename "MSProductData" to "UnusedData" in the 2.3.1 of the future release of MS-TSTS.

   Please let us know if you have any more question, if not, I will consider this case closed.

Thanks!

Hongwei