[cifs-protocol] [REG:110011477385004] RE: userParameters attribute

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 14 17:11:41 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 18:18 +0000, Hongwei Sun wrote:
> Tridge,
>
>    I just want to check with you to see if  you have any question regarding the newly added documentation for this attribute.  If not, I will close this CAR.

The reference is good, but it seems there is a problem because of the
way this parameter is split between products.

In particular, while this may be true for MS-TSTS:
[MS-TSTS] 2.3.1 UserParamerters:
MSProductData (96 bytes): A 96 byte Unicode character array containing
48 Unicode characters. This field is not used by Microsoft Terminal
Services.

We need to know the full decode of the structure, regardless of which
product or document owns it.  In short, what is the meaning and expected
contents of MSProductData?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.