[cifs-protocol] Status: SRX091209600095 Trans2SetPathInfo() returns truncated SMB header

Bill Wesse billwe at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 22 13:47:43 MDT 2010

Good day again Tim. For administrative purposes, I will archive this case until I hear back from you.

I have attached [MS-SMB]_Changes.pdf, showing the changes that will be made; these are essentially the same as those previously proposed for [MS-CIFS]. Please see the attached [MS-CIFS]_Changes.pdf, which will not be implemented.

These changes will be available in a future document refresh.

Please let me know if this satisfies your request; if so, I will consider the case resolved. Thanks for helping us improve our documentation.

Also, just to confirm the below, omitted WordCount/ByteCount should not be treated as erroneous - at least from a Windows client. This is not the case for all DOS errors.

Documenting these cases would require me to open a new case - please let me know if you wish us to pursue this.

Regards,
Bill Wesse
MCSE, MCTS / Senior Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
8055 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
Email:	billwe at microsoft.com
Tel: 	+1(980) 776-8200
Cell: 	+1(704) 661-5438
Good morning Tim - I am resending this, as I have not received a reply to my previous email (shown below).