[cifs-protocol] FW: FW: Inconsistencies in ad-schema docs and text files SRX090109601490

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Jan 11 14:13:04 MST 2010

Hi Hongwei,

 >   For adminDescription and adminDisplayName,  it looks like that they are already included in the schema file (MS-AD_Schema_2K8_R2_Attributes.txt).  Have I missed something ?

Each attribute and class in the schema should have an adminDescription
and adminDisplayName attribute.

I suspect they aren't critical for most things, it would probably only
matter if some user app looked for the values specifically, but if you
can include them that would be great. I would hope apps would normally
look at the ldapDisplayName instead.

For now we're setting them equal to the cn in the little python script
that munges the raw schema into something we can load.

btw, with these schema fixes, the dcpromo test we worked on in Redmond
is now quite reliable. I've put out a little movie to demonstrate it:

   http://blog.tridgell.net/?p=12

Thanks very much for all of the help you gave us to make this
possible!

Cheers, Tridge