[cifs-protocol] LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID control and search request

Sebastian Canevari Sebastian.Canevari at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 6 14:31:53 MST 2010

Hi Matthieu,

The ADTS document will include changes in its section 7.1.3.2 SD Flags Control. This is the new text for the section:

7.1.3.2   SD Flags Control
When performing an LDAP operation (add, modify or search), the client may supply an SD flags control LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID (section 3.1.1.3.4.1.11) with the operation. The value of the control is an integer, which is used to identify which security descriptor (SD) parts the client intends to read or modify. When the control is not specified, then the default value of 15 (0x0000000F) is used.
The SD parts are identified using the following bit values: OWNER_SECURITY_INFORMATION, GROUP_SECURITY_INFORMATION, DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION, SACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION, which correspond to OWNER, GROUP, DACL and SACL SD fields, respectively.
If the LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID control is present in an LDAP search request, the server returns an SD with the parts specified in the control when the SD attribute name is explicitly mentioned in the requested attribute list, or the requested attribute list is empty, or the requested attribute list contains an asterisk(*). Without the presence of this control, the server returns an SD only when the SD attribute name is explicitly mentioned in the requested attribute list.
For update operations, the bits identify which SD parts are affected by the operation. Note that the client may supply values for other (or all) SD fields. However, the server only updates the fields that are identified by the SD control. The remaining fields are ignored.

The wording may vary slightly.

Please let me know if this addresses your request.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian Canevari
Senior Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849