[cifs-protocol] [REG:110011276087815] [MS-NRPC] 2.2.1.3.11 NETLOGON_DOMAIN_INFO SupportedEncTypes

John Dunning johndun at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 25 11:42:32 MST 2010

Hello Matthieu,
   Regarding the questions you had about NETLOGON_DOMAIN_INFO.SupportedEncTypes. I saw that that Sebastian had recently sent you email with changes that you will see in an upcoming version of the [MS-NRPC] document. Based on Sebastian's email there may be one outstanding question which I want to make sure we close the loop on:  "The very first time the SupportedEncTypes is returned, if the DC has no information about the workstation, what should be returned? 0x00 or 0xFF or something else?"

The answer to this question is contained in the same information that you were sent by Sebastian. I am reiterating this below. This should complete the information you were looking for about SupportedEncTypes. Please let us know if this is not the case.

NETLOGON_DOMAIN_INFO.SupportedEncTypes MUST be set to the value of the msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes attribute ([MS-ADA2] Section 2.324) of the ComputerName account. If the msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes attribute does not exist, then set to 0xFFFFFFFF

Thanks
John Dunning
Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Corporation US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Email: johndun at microsoft.com<mailto:johndun at microsoft.com>