[cifs-protocol] [REG:110021555585893] RE: question on DNS TSIG dynamic updates

John Dunning johndun at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 15 10:00:19 MST 2010

Hello Tridge,
    There was a foul up in communications Friday as you should have been sent a reply that day. Sorry for the confusion. We have received this request and I will be working on this issue. I also received the email regarding your findings and request to update the [MS-GSSA] document. I think what you are looking for is a reference to information indicating that a windows client will only try the signed update if the response from the DNS server for the unsigned request includes fields from the request. Please let me know if I am understanding this correctly. I think that I am but I want to make sure we are on the same page.

Thanks
John Dunning
Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Corporation US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM