[cifs-protocol] SRX090922600157 : [MS-ADTS] 7.1.1.1 Naming Contexts Domain Admins Permissions

Bill Wesse billwe at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 22 10:47:42 MDT 2009

Good day Nadya (please let me know if I am using your name correctly)!

I have created case SRX090922600157, in order to track our work concerning your questions (shown below). Hopefully, we have not missed anything you are enquiring after.

1. Why are the domain admins also provided full permissions if not needed for replication?
2. Is this for the administrative purposes only?

7.1.1.1.2 Config NC Root
7.1.1.1.3 Schema NC Root
7.1.1.1.4 Domain NC Root
In order for D2 to replicate the NC, D2 must be granted the following rights on the NC root...

Regards,
Bill Wesse
MCSE, MCTS / Senior Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
8055 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
TEL:  +1(980) 776-8200
CELL: +1(704) 661-5438