[cifs-protocol] Need some help with LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID control

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Thu Nov 19 10:33:54 MST 2009

Hello,
I have been working on the implementation of LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID in Samba, and I have a question. Is this control relevant for an LDAP add request? I have been testing against Win2008. Adding this control to the request does not seem to have any effect. When I set it to Critical, I do not get  LDAP_UNAVAILABLE_CRIT_EXTENSION, as described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367025%28VS.85%29.aspx
At the same tine, in MS-ADTS, section 7.1.3.2 SD Flags Control, it says:
"When performing an LDAP operation (add, modify or search), the client may supply an SD flags
control LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID with the operation."

So, if the control is valid for an LDAP add, what should be the behavior?

Best Regards,
Nadezhda Ivanova