[cifs-protocol] RE: How is a krb5 request to cifs/my.realm handled?

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 30 20:44:12 GMT 2009

Andrew,

Attached is the last email that I have regarding this subject.  A new case, SRX090630600140, has been created for this issue to continue working.  I believe this knowledge base article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842162, discusses some relevant details about the implementation of sysvol in its discussion of how to relocate the actual folder mapping.

It sounds like though, that you might still be having an issue on the KDC side of the house.  This link on technet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782417(WS.10).aspx (Section: How DFS Is Used During the Logon Process), I believe has the information you are looking for, and goes into great depth on how the client downloads policies from the domain using DFS which is the means to retrieve group policy.

Please let us know if you have further questions regarding this issue.

Richard Guthrie
Support Escalation Engineer
Open Protocols Support Team
http://blogs.msdn.com/OpenSpecification