[cifs-protocol] Inability to use Win2k8 as a member server in Samba4 domain (was Clarify reserved bytes that are in fact used in LogonSamLogonEx response)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 28 19:03:50 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 17:07 -0700, Sebastian Canevari wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I'm working with the product group in confirming my findings.
>
> I am pretty sure that the first two longs in  array ExpansionRoom in
> NETLOGON_VALIDATION_SAM_INFO4 (2.2.1.4.13 MS-NRPC) are used for the
> LanmanSessionKey but like I said I need to confirm it with the product
> group before giving you a definitive answer.

Indeed.  If I had looked more carefully at the Samba Team's netlogon IDL
this would have been clear.

This means that the actual problem here is unrelated.  Perhaps it needs
a new case, but can you please reproduce the failure of Win2k8 to
operate in a Samba4 domain, and see if you can tell us why this is the
case.  We have been unable to identify any other differences in the
protocol stream at this time.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.