[cifs-protocol] CAR - ldap display specifiers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 21 00:56:40 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 06:30 -0700, Bill Wesse wrote:
> Good morning Andrew!
>
> There is no copyright license for the attachments - yet; nevertheless, I expect the below text - or something like it - to apply.

Bill,

Honestly, this really isn't very useful.  I can search against an AD
server as well as you can, as can the users who have been bugging me to
include into Samba the results of their own searches.

What we are asking for is this kind of output, but under a the
previously agreed licence, with the output defined as 'schema' (ie,
falling clearly under the inclusion exception).

I think what we need is to get a procedure in place whereby we can get
this kind of thing released under a licence that works for both the PFIF
and Microsoft.  In particular it needs single licence, preferably the
one we have on the schema.  In particular it really does need not to be
unique per release - each new text has to be cleared by multiple Linux
vendors.

I'm sure we can work something out.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.