[cifs-protocol] Session keys are not always 16 bytes long

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 28 00:36:59 GMT 2009

Andrew,

  Thanks for the information provided.  We successfully reproduced and debugged the behavior of SMB signing between Samba Smbclient and Windows server using AES256 session key(32 bytes).   The outcome of live debugging proved that SMB signing is using entire 32 bytes session key, just as you reported initially.  The product team also confirmed this behavior.  We will update MS-SMB document accordingly.

  Please let us know if you have any further question regarding this topic.

Thanks!