[cifs-protocol] RE: What are the 'Service' levels in SamLogonEx?

Obaid Farooqi obaidf at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 23 19:55:30 GMT 2009

Hi Andrew:
We have concluded our investigation on the question you raised about MS-APDS.

Modification to [MS-NRPC] about NetlogonServiceInformation explain why we do not use them.
In MS-APDS we specify what is used by each protocol. By design we do not specify LogonLevels that are not used.

While it is true that [MS-APDS] uses [MS-NRPC], there is no mention of NetlogonServiceInformation in [MS-APDS]. As such, there is no proper place or context in [MS-APDS] to mention the fact that none of the protocols described in this document use NetlogonServiceInformation.

Regards,
Obaid Farooqi
Sr. SEE | Microsoft